Drug Delivery: Transdermal Devices
In 2019, global sales of transdermal patch products targeting the conditions covered by this analysis totaled nearly $4.9bn, and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 2.4% over the forecast period, reaching $5.5bn in 2024. The neurological disorder patches segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate, with a 3.7% CAGR over the forecast period as a result of the large market size and large potentially targetable patient caseload, while the pain management patches market is expected to experience the most dollar sales growth through 2024. Market drivers include the increasing prevalence of CVD and other associated disorders as the population ages, and improved patient compliance with patch-based pharmacology compared to oral medication. Limiters include declines in mature market segments, and strong competition from oral pharmaceuticals and generic equivalents.
This report provides:
- an overview of transdermal drug delivery technology, including active and passive transport systems
- key epidemiology data on the prevalence of angina pectoris, hypertension, Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD, major depressive disorder, Parkinson’s disease, menopause, osteoporosis, cancer-related pain, and post-herpetic neuralgia in major world regions
- related product portfolios offered by leading manufacturers
- top selling transdermal drug delivery devices, as well as emerging products under development
- in-depth market and competitive analyses for 2019-24 for the US, five major European markets, Japan, and RoW markets.