Neuromodulation: Deep Brain Stimulation and Vagus Nerve Stimulation Devices Market
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) and Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) devices treat a wide variety of disorders, most notably Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy. The 2021 combined prevalence of Parkinson’s disease and Epilepsy was approximately 5 million people within the US alone, with Parkinson’s accounting for 30% and Epilepsy accounting for the remaining 70%. In 2021, combined sales of DBS and VNS devices in the countries covered by this analysis totaled more than $1.2bn. Market drivers include the growing prevalence of Parkinson’s disease in certain regions due to the growing and aging population, an ever-expanding list of indicated disorders, and increased technological innovation. Market limiters include supply chain disruptions, increased shipping costs, extensive exclusion criteria, and complicated implantation processes. This analysis includes a discussion of products, current/forecast markets, competitors, and opportunities in the global markets for DBS & VNS devices. Countries covered by this report include the US, five major European markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), and Japan. The forecast range for this report is 2021–26.
Related Medtech Insight articles:
- November 22, 2021 - Medtronic Partners With Rune Labs To Explore New Frontiers In Deep Brain Stimulation
- August 27, 2021 - First-Of-Its-Kind Stroke Rehab Device Approved By FDA
- July 21, 2021 - Merck Jumps On Neurostim Technology, Signing Agreements With Start-Ups